In The Kagayanon Advocate

Connected Women


Last month, I joined the first ever meet up of Connected Women in Cagayan de Oro. The evend just popped out in my Facebook feed and when I checked their website, I got interested to join because it basically it is inline with one of my advocacies which is Women Empowerment. 

Connected Women was founded in Singapore in 2013 and it reached the Philippines in 2016. Its mission is to provide"platform for women entrepreneurs, freelancers and professionals to share, connect, work and learn." It empowers women to start our own businesses, be more productive at work, and manage our lives wisely by providing us opportunities to explore and learn about tools and technologies that can help us out.

When I attended the first meetup last May, I was happy because I somehow got to have a crash course on Branding, Entrepreneurship and Digital Marketing which are all helpful for the business I currently started, The Gray Matter Learning Hub. There are many things I learned from the event. 

The 3 Seconds Rule

One of the speakers, Chris, Facebook Philippines Program Manager, said that as entrepreneurs who uses social media as an advertising platform, we only have 3 seconds to get the attention of a prospect client/customer. I realized that the images, words, or videos that we use should really be short and concise but attention-grabbing. Also, businesses that tend to succeed nowadays are those that appeal to the younger market.

Innovation is Key

In one of the talks, it was emphasized that the "heart of the business is the VALUE." That is why, we should be creative enough to provide something new and relevant to our customers. We should assess the needs of our potential customers so that we will know how we can approach them and make a sale.

In assessing our potential customers, we must remember the AIDA principle: Awareness, Interest, Desire, and Action. 

4Ps of Marketing

I also learned about the 4Ps of Marketing namely, Product, Price, Place, and Promotions. Accordingly, nowadays, digital marketing has become the most efficient and effective means to market our products. When promoting our businesses, we should use social media and the internet to our advantage.

These are just some of the things I learned from the first Connected Women event I attended and I'm glad that I'm already part of this awesome community. 

To join Connected Women and participate in its future activities, create an account here


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.