In The Kagayanon Adventure and Travel Central The Kagayanon Food Trip

#EatIligan 3.0 Day 3


It's a day after my first #EatIligan experience and I'm still in awe at just what happened. I wasn't able to blog about our 3rd day activities last night since I got so tired and I slept right after I came home. But here's a recap to our last day in Iligan City.

ADVENTIST MEDICAL CENTER

At first, we found it funny that we were going to a hospital for #EatIligan but when we realize that we were going to a Nutrition Center, it made us excited. We've ate a lot on the 2nd day and we thought it was not bad to have something healthy and nutritious for Day 3. 



According to the resident nutritionist at the hospital, they serve Lacto-ovo-vegetarian meals which means using more milk and meat substitute such as tofu, gluten/wheat flour, and vegetarian meat. 

They also have the DARE Program which means Dietary Approach to Reduce Excess. The aim of the program is to reduce excess fats, uric acid, etc. In the program, they give plant-based protein, use vegetable oils, more water than oil. They also conduct an assessment of the client before planning the meals. The 5-day program costs P1800.00.

After our healthy breakfast at the Adventist Medical Center, we went to Robinson's Place where we got to spend the rest of day to visit 3 restaurants. 


Our first stop at the mall is Chikaan and once again tried some Filipino staple food. My personal favorites are the oysters and the Bicol Express. They're a must-try!




MANGO MANIA

After our early lunch at Chikaan, it was time for desserts. Where could be the best place to go? Mango Mania. Well, this one's very familiar because it originated in Cagayan de Oro City but it was my first time to try most of what they sell. By the looks of it, they were so appetizing. I super duper love the classic mangga with bagoong that I almost ate the entire plate. Hahaha. 



We finished early in the first two restaurants so we stopped by at the Hometown Pasalubong Center to buy some pasalubong for our family and friends. The organizers also gave us an hour to go freely around the mall.

KELSEY'S CAFE & RESTAURANT

At 3:00 pm, we met again at our 2nd to the last stop for the #EatIligan 3.0, Kelsey's Cafe and Restaurant, a sister company of Kyla's Bistro (well, it's literally adjacent to Kyla's). We did not expect that they will prepare a lot and we were so full already from the last two restaurants we visited. To our amazement, they served us a lot of Filipino dishes and I personally couldn't choose what I would eat since they were all delicious to look at. My personal favorites are Chicharong Bulaklak, Bagnet, Kelsey's Supreme Pizza, and the Red Velvet Cake.

I also tried their Dragon Fruit shake, a very unique variant and true to my expectation, I loved it!


MAX'S RESTAURANT

Our entire experience culminated at Max's Restaurant located outside Robinson's Place. We were so amazed by their hospitality. They even set-up the tables like we were in a wedding reception. They served us their best-selling dishes and their unique drinks.


The night ended with the awarding of the winners of the Social Media Challenge and guess what? I was one of the winners! Thank you Streetby for the P500 worth of gift certificate!

Thank you so much Iligan Bloggers Society for this amazing experience! I would definitely recommend this activity to everyone.













Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.