In The Kagayanon Advocate The Kagayanon Whereabouts (Where to find me?)

Sacred Days at Xavier: Holy Week Triduum Retreat


The Season of Lent is ongoing and the Holy Week is coming up in two-three  weeks. As a practicing Catholic, it has been my yearly tradition to go on a retreat/recollection to remember and relish the goodness of my savior as shown in the cross. Whether going to a recollection camp, prayer seminar, parade of saints, or doing the "station of the cross", I always make sure I do something just to remind myself of His unchanging love. It has always been with a purpose of restoring my fellowship with Him. I am a prodigal daughter once in a while, you know.  It's sacrificial in one way or another, yes, but it always gives me a feeling of growth, maturity, and restoration. It keeps me going through the years.


This year, the first plan really was to go to Camiguin and have my "station of the cross" there. And enjoy a little bit.


But last Sunday, after hearing the mass, I decided I will be taking my retreat to a greater height. As I was about to leave the chapel, I saw the poster about the "Sacred Days at Xavier" (poster above) and right there and then, I decided to 'celebrate' Holy Thursday, Friday, and Saturday ALONE through the Holy Week Triduum Retreat. As I read the poster, the conference is very serious and life-changing (for sure). I'd like to experience it.


So on April 21-23, I will be joining the Triduum Retreat which happens at the XU Immaculate Concepcion Chapel, from 8 am to 12 nn with Fr. Manoling Francisco, SJ.


If you wish to join, please contact Zarah Cagulada at 09263081987 of visit the Campus Ministries Office of XU. Retreat stipend is P250.00.


If you don't want to join the retreat but would like to celebrate the liturgy at XU, the following is the schedule of masses: Holy Thursday - 5pm; Good Friday - 3pm; Easter Vigil - 9pm.


 


-The Kagay-anon!-


 


 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.