In The Kagayanon Fun

Balut...anyone?



balut is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.

Popularly believed to be an aphrodisiac and considered a high-protein, hearty snack, balut are mostly sold by street vendors in the regions where they are available. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. -en.wikipedia.org

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~



I was never a fan of this fertilized egg called "Balut". In fact, I never ate one in the past 20 years of my life. I felt it was so 'inhuman' to eat this kind of egg. I thought of it as a kind of abortion.  I never thought it would taste good. I spared myself from experiencing the "Balut" high.


Well... sometime last February, I was able to conquer my fear of this egg as part of my 22 pre-birthday dares. A friend of mine dared me to eat a 16-days old fertilized egg. With the help, support, and encouragement of my CdoKada friends, I was able to do it!!!!


Steps in eating the Balut... my way!


1. Open the shell of the Balut. Have enough courage to do so.


(I was already nervous. Yeah.)



2. Have somebody pour vinegar and salt inside the egg.


(I was hesitant.)



3. When you already have the courage to hold the egg, you start sipping the liquid (I don't know how is that called) in the egg.


(The 'juice/soup/liquid' was delicious. )



4. Once you are done drinking the 'liquid', you are now going to eat the 'meat'.



If you are a first-timer, I suggest you don't look at the egg while eating...


or else...



...you will see something in there... and you would want to stop eating...



...and if you see it again... you really would not want to finish it...



5. But you won't have the choice (especially if it's a dare) but to finish it.


(Praying for my safety. hehehe. :) )



Just don't look at the egg...



...and have a very big bite!!!!!



SUCCESS!!!!! :) :) :)


5. Last but not the least, take photos right after. Savor the moment. hehehe. :)





BALUT, anyone?


 


-The Kagay-anon!-

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.