In The Kagayanon Adventure and Travel Central The Kagayanon Advocate

My Journey to 'Virgen sa Guadalupe'

Spent Maundy Thursday at the Guadalupe Shrine in Brgy. Tablon once again. This was my 3rd time to visit the place and have my station of the cross there. Just like my previous trek at the place, it's very fulfilling. The view of nature is spectacular. The station of the cross is challenging. I am reminded of God's passion, blessings, and unconditional love. I recommend you to spend a part of your Holy Week there.


On our way to Brgy. Tablon. That's my cousin Jessa and I.



Upon arriving Tablon, we need to ride a "tricycle" to reach the starting point of the river trek. That's my cousin Jenard and I.



At the starting point, there are candles and sticks sold. The candles are for the station of the cross. The sticks are for the river trek. You need the stick to keep your balance while crossing the river. Also, sunglasses and a cap is very important.



That's my aunt Venus, my mom Fely, me, and Jessa. We're ready now! It's good to have companions.



We have to hold our slippers. It's easier to cross the river on barefoot, even if it hurts. Outdoor Sandals is recommended. No to slippers.



We have to cross the river 9 times to go through the station of the cross. :) Quite challenging, yes.



The very essence of the trek is to pray at each station. It's a reminder of Jesus' passion.



We had stops along the way.



Cross the river again...



Walk a very long distance...



Until we reached the Guadalupe shrine.



At the foot of the shrine, we can eat our baons and bond.



Or ride a horse.



But don't forget to hear mass (if there is) and/or pray at the chapel. :)


I even get a chance to capture wonderful sights at the place. See the photos here.


Until next year.


-The Kagay-anon!-

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. cool! may I ask where exactly is Virgen sa Guadalupe? thnks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's located here in Cagayan de Oro City. If you visit CDOC, don't forget to trek and visit the place.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.